The information that is available on kotobli was legally retrieved from public sources for the purpose of encouraging reading only. Any illegal reproduction and presentation of the content on this platform is prohibited and subject to the original authors/publishers approval. This platform was created to present the information for cultural and educational purposes and not for profit, we do not share any responsibility or liability resulting from the illegal or misuse of the content presented here.
- Use of Our Servicekotobli provides a platform for you to explore books based on topics, genres, geographies, and ethnicities, and soon a tool to track your reads, and talk about books with our readers’ community.
You do not have to create an account to access the exploration pages of kotobli. However, you do need to register in order to use certain tools of the Service, including creating “bookshelves” and “lists” to organize what you’ve read/want to read, to post book ratings and reviews, to interact with other members, and to receive personalized recommendations. Your account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion.
You may never use another Member’s account without permission. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify kotobli immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Subject to your compliance with this Agreement and your payment of any applicable fees, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Service. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any part of the Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any book listings, descriptions, reviews or other material included in the Service; any derivative use of any part of the Service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved and retained by us or our licensors, suppliers, publishers, rightsholders, or other content providers. No part of the Service may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of kotobli without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing our name or trademarks without our express written consent. You may not misuse the Service. You may use the Service only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by us terminate if you do not comply with this Agreement.
kotobli may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in kotobli’s sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
The Service is subject to scheduled and unscheduled service interruptions. All aspects of the Service are subject to change or elimination at kotobli’s sole discretion. You agree that kotobli will not be liable to you for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform.
- User ContentSome areas of the Service may allow Users to publish, display, link to or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) reviews, comments, questions, highlights, and other information including Users’ names and likenesses (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You agree not to post User Content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of content. You hereby represent that you are the owner of all the copyright rights with respect to, or that you have the legal right to post, your User Content, and that you have the power to grant the license granted below. kotobli reserves the right to monitor, reject and/or remove any User Content at any time. For example, kotobli may, but is not obligated to, reject and/or remove any User Content that kotobli believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions.
kotobli takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other Users or third parties post or send over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you post is solely your responsibility. kotobli is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that kotobli shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content. kotobli may provide tools for you to remove some User Content but does not guarantee that all or any User Content will be removable.
- License GrantBy posting any User Content on the Service, you expressly grant to kotobli a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify kotobli for all claims resulting from content you supply.
- Proprietary and Intellectual RightsExcept for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content (the kotobli “Content”), and all intellectual property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of kotobli and its licensors.kotobli does not claim ownership of any information related to book information, book description, author information, or publisher information, as kotobli uses publicly available information to share curations (dawawin, diwan or lists) and make it accessible to readers for the purpose of culture and education without claiming any sort of ownership on this specific content.kotobli’s curations can be shared under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.
Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such intellectual property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any materials or content accessible on the Service. Use of the kotobli Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- Third-Party Websites, Advertisers or Serviceskotobli may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, publishing houses (دور النشر) or services that are not owned or controlled by kotobli. kotobli has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. If you access a third party website from kotobli, you do so at your own risk, and you understand that this Agreement does not apply to your use of such sites. You expressly relieve kotobli from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website or services or third party owned content.
Additionally, your dealings with or participation in promotions of advertisers found on kotobli, including payment and delivery of goods, and any other terms (such as warranties) are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that kotobli shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealings with such advertisers.
- Accuracy of MaterialsThe materials appearing on kotobli’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. kotobli does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. kotobli may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, kotobli does not make any commitment to update the materials.
- Governing LawThese terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the Lebanese Law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in this location.Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement on [email protected]
Your privacy is important to us. It is kotobli’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website www.kotobli.com.
- Information we collectLog data
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
Device data We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
Business data refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- to provide you with our platform’s core features;
- to process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- to enable you to access and use our website and associated applications;
- to contactand communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- and to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We may disclose personal information to:
Your rights and controlling your personal informationChoice and consent:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, and payment systems operators;
- and our employees, contractors and/or related entities.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services. Access and data portability:
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time.Notification of data breaches:
We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.Complaints:
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.Unsubscribe:
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below, or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication. Cookies
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site and better serve you content. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices. Changes to this policy
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognize your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in) and to track site usage (eg. analytics).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Type of cookies and how we use them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We do not use performance cookies on our site.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and time zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customized, enhanced or optimized content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We do use this type of cookie on our site.
Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We do not use this type of cookie on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device. Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement on [email protected]